This week, we have been reflecting on the theme of anti-bullying. During our assemblies and lessons, we have shared with the children, issues around bullying and how to deal with this.
Many young people have a good idea of what bullying is. Bullying happens when someone hurts or scares another person on purpose and the person being bullied has a hard time defending himself or herself. Usually, bullying happens over and over. We have told the children it is not a one off incident – it is Several Times On Purpose and we want it to STOP!
· Punching, shoving, and other acts that hurt people physically
· Spreading bad rumours about people
· Keeping certain people out of a “group”
· Teasing people in a mean way
· Getting certain people to “gang up” on others
· Sending unkind messages or pictures on social media or messaging apps